2019 GRAND PRIX RACE Updated SCHEDULE
- St. Marks Duathlon – 3/24/19 (TARGETED) Results
- Red Hills Sprint – 4/20/19 (TARGETED) Results
- St. Anthony’s Olympic – 4/28/19 Results
- Ft. Rucker –6/15/19 Results
- Jax Olympic Tri -6/22/19 Results
- LoCo Double Sprint – 7/13/19 Results
- Fort DeSoto Olympic – 7/13/19
- GA Veterans –8/3/19 (TARGETED) Results
- Callaway Gardens – 8/24/19
- Sprint on the Flint – 09/21/19
- Crystal River Sprint – 9/28/19
- Santa Rosa Island Tri – 10/5/19 – (TARGETED)
- Rock & Rollman Olympic – 10/19/19 (TARGETED)
- Florida Xtreme (3-day) – 11/15/19-11/17/19
- Challenge Daytona (Sprint or 70.3) – 12/14/19
With all the cancellations and reduced number of races this year, the committee has come up with some great additions. Their hope is this helps provide more options for members and encourage participation. In addition to the new races, the second change includes reducing the minimum number of races required from 3 to 2 for the 2019 season. We recognize it’s a unique year with limited local options, so hopefully this will help. Thanks to the Grand Prix committee (Tina, Melanie, Wayne, Stephanie, Tom, and TJ)!
Canceled races- Beach Blast, Freedom Springs Triathlon
Discontinued race- Sandestin
2019 NEW RULE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Elimination of the cap on grand prix points for the 5 best race results. Club members are now eligible to earn points for all scheduled grand prix races they successfully complete, as well as 10 points for any 70.3 and 20 points for any 140.6 race completed. No points will be awarded for races completed outside of these races.
- Club members participating on a relay team may use that event towards the 3-race minimum. However, relay team participants are not eligible for grand prix points.